Los Angeles eating tour and beyond...

Friday, February 18, 2005

Wahooooo!

Ate at Wahoo's Tacos for the first time tonight. I've always been curious about this chain. I can't remember which taco chain my friend Les, always raves about in terms of their fish tacos. I wasn't overly excited by the ones I had tonight. It wasn't Taco Bell or Dell Taco! I can't take any more of that stuff from all the crap we ate when we were at USF. LA is the only place I've seen this chain so it's probably a native. It had that whole Baja CA appeal when I walked in. The walls were plastered with beach-like decor. I don't recall seeing any Wahoo tacos on the east side of town so this leads me to think that they're all probably just on the Westside. I can't wait to start working on the eastside. There are so many more authentic places to eat over there. In a town with so many diverse ethnicities, who needs to go to high-end fusion restaurants all the time when you can get the real thing for cheaper? Down with the Zagat tour, I say!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

This will sound stupid since you've been living in El Lay for a while now, but have you eaten at Tito's?

10:44 AM

 
Blogger GRusette said...

Yes, have eaten at Tito's Tacos. Haven't eaten there in quite a long time as I'm trying to keep my heart healthy. ahahahha! How did you find this blog? I just started it last night. Anyway...Tito's is a good late night snack but I'd have to be really tossed to go there again.

1:46 PM

 
Blogger Vanessa said...

ok.. how about el siete mares on sunset?? thats even better than wahoos.. and authentic. did u know wahoos was started by japanese americans and the design is done by a pinoy, aka the mullet guy on the old flavor site.

1:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home